Andreas Hestler aka ‘Dre’ began his passion for mountain biking in 1986, back then it was simply transportation. Soon after moving to Vancouver and embracing the life of a courier an attempt at racing was made and a new love was born. The next 20 years described a full career, 13 years on the World Cup Circuit, World Championship and the Olympics, the lifestyle of a devoted athlete. Taking Canada to the Olympic debut of Mountain Biking in Atlanta (1996) will rank high as an achievement, but so to will representing Canada as the National Champion, and National Series winner 5 times.
In the last few years after winning the Trans Rockies 3 times, Dre has found writing, guiding, event promotion and exploring to be his new hobbies and of course they all happen on bicycles. A true ambassador for the sport, a pioneer, a fierce competitor and all around cyclist with wins on the road, mountain and cross bike, from Epic to short track and Super D, Dre has a two wheel gift, an engine and a personality to match. Come and share the experiences gained in all disciplines, share the knowledge and have a great time getting prepared for your upcoming season.
Level 3 NCCP Coach
Cross and Road:
- Level III NCCP Road and Mountain
- Guiding and TV hosting
- Ride Guide, Big Mountain Adventures, Dirt Series, Train for the Test of Metal Guest Coach, Guest appearances with Sprockids and yearly with , Hollyburn Country Club (summer clinics).
- Co-Producer of National Team Training Camps Victoria 95-97
- Coached 6 young athletes for 5 years straight 01-06 (XC, DH)
- 6 Magazine Covers (2 x pedal, Velo News, Mountain Bike, Impact, Singletrack UK)
- 2 Articles in Impact Magazine
- 3 Articles in Mountain Biking
- 3 Articles in Pedal Magazine
- 1 Article in Get Out There